The error shown below is displayed when you have installed the software and then significantly change the hardware or Windows environment, e.g. by updating to Windows 10 or after updating Windows 10:
You can fix the error 209 yourself and then re-apply the "Serial number" (AKA "Licence Key") you were sent when you originally purchased the software:
You need to download a utility to remove the no longer valid activation from your PC.
There is a different utility for each specific downloaded software package and only the correct utility will work.
Each software package is known by a PCD#### part number - this is often included as a prefix to your "Serial number", in the name of the installer file you downloaded and used to install the software initially or shown on the software's screen.
Click the appropriate link to download the utility/utilities corresponding to the software package(s) you have (if you don't know which specific product you have, you can download and run all the utilities - the worst case is that software which is not showing error 209 will require you to reactivate it):
2017-2019 Titles: (Current titles as of 19/6/2019):
- PCD3006-17: Theory Test (Car and Bike) 2017-2018
- PCD3007-17: Theory Test (LGV and PCV) 2017-2018
- PCD3008-17: Hazard Perception Test Volume 1 2017-2018
- PCD3009-17: Hazard Perception Test Volume 2 2017-2018
- PCD4101-17: Module 2 Case Study Test - Driver CPC Training 2017-2018
- PCD3006: Theory Test (Car and Bike) 2016
- PCD3007: Theory Test (LGV and PCV) 2016
- PCD3008: Hazard Perception Test Volume 1 2016
- PCD3009: Hazard Perception Test Volume 2 2016
- PCD4101: Module 2 Case Study Test - Driver CPC Training 2016
Run the downloaded file (you won't see any feedback, just wait a couple of seconds), then restart the main Driving Test Success software and you should be prompted to re-enter your "Serial Number" (AKA "Licence Key") to reactivate the software.
Alternatively, we can resolve this for you by remotely connecting to your Windows PC through the Internet.