The error shown below:
is displayed when you have installed the software and then significantly change the hardware or Windows environment, e.g. by updating to Windows 10 or after updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition.
You can fix the error 209 yourself and then re-apply the "Serial number" (AKA "Licence Key") you were sent when you originally purchased the software. If you want to do this, please refer to the following instructions:
You need to download a utility to clean the no longer valid activation from your PC.
There is a different utility for each specific downloaded software package and only the correct utility will work.
Each software package is known by a PCD#### part number - this is often included as a prefix to your "Serial number", in the name of the installer file you downloaded and used to install the software initially or shown on the software's screen.
Click the appropriate link to download the utility/utilities corresponding to the software package(s) you have (if you don't know which specific product you have, you can download and run all the utilities - the worst case is that software which is not showing error 209 will require you to reactivate it):
- PCD3006-17: Theory Test (Car and Bike) 2017-2018
- PCD3007-17: Theory Test (LGV and PCV) 2017-2018
- PCD3008-17: Hazard Perception Test Volume 1 2017-2018
- PCD3009-17: Hazard Perception Test Volume 2 2017-2018
- PCD4101-17: Module 2 Case Study Test - Driver CPC Training 2017-2018
- PCD3006: Theory Test (Car and Bike) 2016
- PCD3007: Theory Test (LGV and PCV) 2016
- PCD3008: Hazard Perception Test Volume 1 2016
- PCD3009: Hazard Perception Test Volume 2 2016
- PCD4101: Module 2 Case Study Test - Driver CPC Training 2016
- PCD1254: Theory Test (Car and Bike) 2015
- PCD1255: Theory Test (LGV and PCV) 2015
- PCD1256: Hazard Perception Test 2015
- PCD430: Theory for Car Drivers (v5)
- PCD431: Hazard Perception Download (v1)
- PCD373: Theory for Learners, Motorcyclists and Trainee ADIs 6.0
- PCD374: Theory Test for LGV and PCV Drivers 6.0
- PCD375: Hazard Perception Test 6.0
Run the downloaded file (you won't see any feedback, just wait a couple of seconds), then restart the main Driving Test Success software and you should be prompted to re-enter your "Serial Number" (AKA "Licence Key") to reactivate the software.
Alternatively, we can resolve this for you, if you allow us to remotely connect to and control (while you watch) your PC. If you want to do this, please refer to the following instructions:
So long as the PC is connected to the Internet, using TeamViewer which we provide here.
After downloading the TeamViewer software, run it and allow it to make changes to your PC. Leave TeamViewer running with an ID and password displayed and email the ID and password to us by creating a support ticket. We will connect ASAP and are (excluding company and national holidays) available Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 17:00 and from 09:00 to 15:00 on Fridays (UK time)
After we've connected and removed the earlier activation details you'll need to reactivate the software using the "Serial number" (AKA "Licence Key") you were sent when you originally purchased the software.